CITYLIGHT, LLC d/b/a REI/KIT
Last Updated: 1/2/2017
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
We may collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us through the Site. If you purchase our products, we will collect billing and credit card information so that we may complete the purchase transaction. We may gather additional personal or non-personal information from you in the future.
INFORMATION WE GET FROM OTHERS
We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from the Site.
Information Automatically Collected:
We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting the Site, we log your computer operating system type, IP address, browser type, browser language, the website you viewed before browsing to the Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on the Site. This information is used for the operation of the Site, to maintain the quality of the Site, and to provide general information and statistics regarding the use of the Site.
We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from the Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove and reject our cookies, it could affect how the Site works for you.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve the website and the Service.
- We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to implement and provide products and services that customers request.
- We may send you surveys to conduct research regarding your opinions of current services or potential new services and products that we may offer.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with federal or state laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information to protect the rights and property of the Company, our employees, users, and the public. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and terms of service.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and users, or the public.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
When you provide us with personal information to verify your credit card, or place a subscription order, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
We may share our data with trusted partners and vendors to help perform statistical analysis, send email, postal mail, or text messages, provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to the Company, and they are required to keep all of your personal and sensitive information confidential.
We will not disclose any of your personal information unless required to do so by law. In that event, you will not receive any notice of such a disclosure, and we will only make such a disclosure if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: 1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Company or; 2) protect and defend the rights and property of the Company; and, 3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public at large.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of our external business partners regarding a particular offering that may be of interest to you. When we do so, your unique personally identifiable information (such as email, name, address or phone number) is never transferred to the third party.
Third-Party Payment Providers:
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for subscription-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by through a number of methods.
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may contact us to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information at privacy [at] reikit [dot] com or mail us at:
CityLight, LLC dba REI/kit
3115 Foothill Blvd. Suite M164
La Crescenta, CA 91214
CHILREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE (COPPA)
The Company does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, do not use this Site.
If our Service or Site is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell subscriptions to you.
Please contact us at:
CityLight, LLC dba REI/kit
3115 Foothill Blvd. Suite M164
La Crescenta, CA 91214
Email: privacy [at] reikit [dot] com
SITE TERMS OF SERVICE
By using the Site, you consent to our Terms of Service.